Sail ahoy on sunny Sunday
It was a great day out on the water for our NRL Cowboys House girls, enjoying a Sunday outing with a splash!
A group of 18 Girls Campus students and four House staff caught the SeaLink ferry over to Magnetic Island for a fantastic day of learning, fun, fishing and chilling.
While the wind put a stop to our planned day of sailing, one of the highlights was a tour of the Pilgrim 58ft yacht by our host Paul, who told us all about what life at sea was like.
Other activities included:
- Dingy tour and feeding the fish in Magnetic Island marina
- Walk to Nelly Bay with koala-spotting along the way
- Morning tea under the trees
- Fishing at the Nelly Bay boat ramp with Fish’n N Fuel’n – we caught one snapper that we released and the girls went oyster hunting
- Swimming off the beach & in the bay
- Burgers at Scallywags Café – impromptu karaoke to entertain the whole café!
- Surprise tour in a stretch jeep with Magnetic Jeep Tours to Alma Bay
- Swim and lazing at the beach
Thank you to these local organisations for their support!